Here are a few easy ways to get the word out about your NNO event and your Nextdoor neighborhood.
Each year over 37 million neighbors in 15,000 communities nationwide participate in National Night Out™ (NNO) – the annual crime prevention event created by the National Association of Town Watch (NATW). Nextdoor is proud to partner with NATW to sponsor National Night Out, and we’ve created tools to help you plan and promote your neighborhood’s NNO event to build a safer and stronger community.
National Night Out – taking place around the country on August 7* – is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and get them involved in your Nextdoor website. The more you get together and connect with your neighbors, the safer your community will be year-round.
Here are a few easy ways to get the word out about your NNO event and your Nextdoor neighborhood:
- Create an NNO event on Nextdoor for your neighborhood here.
- Print NNO flyers and hand them out in your neighborhood before the event. Once you’ve created your NNO event on Nextdoor, you can print flyers from your event details page. Flyers contain multi-use invitation codes for easy sign up.
- Set up a table with a sign-in sheet at your NNO event to collect neighbors’ names and email addresses. After the event, send Nextdoor email invitations to all attendees.
- Pass out Nextdoor invitation flyers at your event; flyers are available here.
- Use the new Nextdoor mobile invitation app to invite neighbors on the spot. To access the mobile app:
Have a great National Night Out event!
- A Connected Neighborhood is a Safer Neighborhood (valleyranchassoc.wordpress.com)
- National Night Out: How Well Do You Know Your Neighbors? (forbes.com)